*******, ******* *******
******* https://ptefriend.com *******
Let us understand some best practices to attempt each section in PTE Academic:
1. Speaking and Writing - approx 77–93 minutes
o Read Aloud
- Go through the text before you actually read it aloud.
- Identify the commas, full stops to determine the points of stress & pauses
- Read the text aloud before the actual recording begins
- When recording begins, read the text carefully with appropriate stresses and pauses.
- Use intonation to show the interesting points or closure of the sentence
- Learn how to use intonation when reading
- Read at normal pace
- Do not panic if you make a mistake, correct it and continue
o Repeat Sentence
- Focus on the meaning of the words spoken
- Focus on phrases and intonation as spoken by the speaker and repeat the same
- Say everything that you remember was said
- Read at normal pace, don’t copy the speaker’s accent
- Work on your memory to remember short announcements and try to repeat them verbatim.
o Describe Image
- Use your time of 25 seconds to note - the main subject (generally the title), the most important information conveyed, its main features and variations, all labels, meaning on axes, and the concluding remarks.
- Quickly look at the image and understand it
- Even if you make an error, keep speaking.
- Say more about the image so utilize your time.
- Practice with images that include some trends or comparison like “more than”/”less than”.
- Do include “in conclusion” statement in the end if that is suitable for the image.
- If there are two or more values than you should make comparisons - similarities and differences.
- Image of a process - describe overall all idea, parts, and then overall process.
- If you want to more practice about PTE Describe Image Practice 2019
o Re-tell Lecture
- Look at the image and speculate what is going to be said in the talk
- Note down the main idea and supporting idea
- Use symbols and short hand to capture topic, main idea and supporting ideas quickly
- Use 10 seconds available to organize your thoughts around how will you present it.
- Summarize main points and add supporting details and examples.
- Add any implications and conclusions as required
- You have 40 seconds to present this.
o Answer Short Question
- Stay very focused
- Listen for the question word
- Answer is usually one word or a short phrase
- If you have made a mistake - correct yourself